Some Byron Katie form inquiries.
I need energy and passion.
- No (just an opinion, a preference from my human self).
- Frustrated. Hopeless. Despair. Looking for any sign of lack of energy and passion. Think I cannot get anything done without energy and passion. Afraid of loosing E&P or not having it in the future. Fear of not being able to function well if it is not there. Tension. Shallow breathing. Irritable. Want to be on my own. Afraid to take on new tasks.
- Clear. OK with what is. Enjoy what is. Can work with what is. Can get things done even without energy and passion.
- (a) I don’t need energy and passion. (Yes, not if is not here. Can even still function.)
I need passion to get things done.
- Yes, seems true.
- No (an opinion and preference only).
- Hopelessness. Look for any signs of lack of passion. Fear of loosing passion. Fear of not having it come back. I paralyze myself if passion is not there. Feel weak, not able to get anything done.
- Clarity. Present with what is. OK with what is. Able to work with what is. Able to function independent of level or presence of passion.
- (a) I dont’ need passion to get things done. (Yes, that is true. I am able to function without passion.)
I can only do what I have passion for.
- Yes (has been my pattern to believe that)
- No (cannot know that it is true, is just a habit to believe that)
- Fear of loosing passion, or not having it come back. Paralyzed if passion is not there. Shallow breath. Tension. Worry. Self-pity. Self-blame. Guilt. Make it worse than it is when passion is not there through all this.
- Clear. OK with what is. Able to function independently of presence of passion or not.
- (a) I can only do what I don’t have passion for. (Yes, that is very true. When there is passion, there is no doing – it just happens on its own. When there is less or not passion, then there is the doing – the intention and effort put into it.)
(b) I cannot do what I have passion for. (Hm? I can see how my work is in learning to do what I don’t have passion for, to explore the resistance there. To allow it to happen.)