I woke up this morning with an unusual and very strong heaviness, centered in the belly area. I stayed with it for a while, and then decided to explore it through a journey (tracking, allowing the process behind it to unfold, similar to active imagination although using any channels including visual, sound, sensation, movement, etc.)
- The heaviness is everywhere, then becoming a quickly contracting sphere centered in the belly area. As it becomes very small, the movement stops.
- Attention stays with the small sphere there for a while.
- Then, everything else – the whole world – contracts into the same small area, and then disappear. Leaving only nothingness.
- After a while with nothingness, the smooth velvety round full blackness emerges as a field.
- Followed by the world of form again appearing as an overlay to this velvety blackness.
- I see how this is an invitation to notice the world of form as the smooth full blackness, in my daily life. It is there, and I can bring my attention to it more.
After following this journey, which probably took half a minute or so, the body went out of bed and started on its morning activities. The heaviness is still there, but now as a nurturing smooth fullness, with the qualities of the velvet blackness.