I found these beautiful inquiries by someone who, like me, appreciate the work of Ken Wilber and The Work by Byron Katie.
Here are a few excerpts:
Belief: The Work ignores intersubjectivity. I can turn this around right away.
- The Work considers intersubjectivity. I do the Work with my partner. I listen to her Judge your Neighbor worksheet on me and facilitate her doing the Work on me while I listen with an open heart. She does the same thing for me. I couldnâ€™t ask for a better mirror and if that isnâ€™t intersubjectivity what is? The Work can be done with family, friends, colleagues, enemies, anybody. I learn an enormous amount when I facilitate another â€“ about them and me.
- I ignore intersubjectivity. When I defend myself against criticism as a knee jerk reaction. As Katie often says, Defense is the first act of War. When I believe my thoughts about others without enquiry. When I do not question my thoughts about me (my multiple selves â€“ parent, child, adult).
Turnarounds to â€œThe Work does not take into consideration the evolution of consciousnessâ€:
- The Work does take into consideration the evolution of consciousness. The Work questions the lies/pathologies that surface at every structure stage of consciousness. In the process, the untrue beliefs are left behind and I am freed to evolve or not. As Katie says, there are only 3 kinds of business; my business, your business and Godâ€™s business. Eros is Godâ€™s business.
- I do not take into consideration the evolution of othersâ€™ consciousness. I believe that others canâ€™t evolve, that they are blocked or stuck believing their myths. I believe this about my partner, my friends and work colleagues. I tend to believe the worst about them. And yes, I believe that of some of the Greens in this forum! Sorry guys, my bad.
- I do not take into consideration the evolution of my consciousness. I often consider my problem to be hopeless. My understanding wonâ€™t get better. My fear wonâ€™t get better. My relationship wonâ€™t get better.
Turnarounds for â€œThe Work is limited by the Myth of the Givenâ€.
- The Work in not limited by the Myth of the Given. The Work (4 questions) investigates any myth (beliefs) that I take as given (true). For example I believe the myth that my father is dead when his genes are alive in me, his memory is alive in me, his image is alive in me. By investigating every story, the Work leaves me as what I am (truth) in the moment. As Katie says, the Work takes nothing away and gives nothing. Itâ€™s only 4 questions.
- I limit myself by the Myth (lies) that I take to be Given. There is no question in my mind that I was suffering from the myths that I believed. The energy that I use in holding on to beliefs that conflict with reality limits my creativity and action.
- I believe the myth of the other/(s) to be given. I project my thoughts (myths) on to others and think that my image of them is real (given). Who is an Other without my story?