What happens when we resist experience?
- There is a sense of I and Other. A split into I here and Other over there.
- From that split comes fear. We fear to not have what we want and to have what we don’t want.
- There is a rigidity of view. We are stuck in our stories about I and Other and our relationship, and don’t see the validity in the reversals of those stories.
- Our heart opens, closes down or is ambivalent, depending on our stories.
- Emotions are reactive. There is a lack of trust.
- Whatever happens is filtered through all of these… I and Other, fear, fixed stories, an ambivalent heart, reactive emotions and lack of trust. It takes on an appearance created from all of these.
- Our identification is firmly within the world of form and we don’t notice Ground, and ourselves as Ground.