Going into the summer, I find that I eat more fresh and raw food, so this is a good time to write down a recipe I have enjoyed this winter and spring – as a reminder for myself for next year.
- Steel cut oats, soaked overnight. This starts a slight fermentation process and eases digestion.
- Add coconut flakes, raisins, sliced apple, banana, sunflower seeds, etc. I usually use only coconut flakes and apple.
- Cook w. green temple chai, or another spice tea, instead of some or all of the water. This adds to the flavor and gives a nice warming effect in the body.
- Slow cook on low heat while stirring the bottom occasionally.
- Serve w. gomasio (roasted and salted sesame seeds), honey, etc.