There are many reasons for doing The Work, and common to all of them is that they themselves can be taken to inquiry. I can notice what happens when I hold onto either one of these stories as true, and what happens if there is more clarity around it.
Some stories I can take to inquiry…
- The Work is an exploration of the dynamics around beliefs and stories.
- The Work helps me find what is more true for me than the initial belief.
- The Work invites knots to unravel.
Or more crudely, and no less valuable to look into…
- The Work makes beliefs go away. (Beliefs are not OK.)
- The Work helps me avoid suffering. (Suffering is not OK.)
- The Work helps me awaken. (Confusion is not OK.)