It’s too late. (To make my life as I would like it.)
Yes. It sometimes feels that way. I can find stories supporting it. In my mind, I can find others who agree. (I may also find people in real life agreeing, but less likely. And I would see it as obviously a hangup on their part.)
- Sure it is true?
No. It is just a feeling. Just a thought.
- What happens when I take that story as true?
- I feel it is too late. I feel hopeless. Drained of energy.
- Images comes of what was, what could have been, and what may be instead. I compare the best images of what was and could have been, with the worst images of what is and may be.
- What do I fear would happen if I didn’t have that belief? Hm. Maybe that I won’t try to change the situation or make the most out of what is here. I am afraid I won’t try to make it happen now. (So I believe the story, in order to make myself act to make it happen now. Interesting. Nobody said beliefs are rational!)
- Who would I be without it?
- Open. Clear. Ready to act. Ready to make it happen now. Ready to make the best out of my situation.
- Curious about the current possibilities. What is better now? What are the new opportunities? How can I still do what I hoped to do?
- More more engaged and solution-focused. Even exited about the possibilities.
- It is not too late.
- No. I am already doing some of the things I regretted not having done earlier, and I am on track for the rest.
- I am still young. I have more life in front of me than behind me, most likely. Many more years left to do what I would like to do.
- Even much later in life, it is possible to do many things. It’s never too late in most cases, and especially for the things that are important to me. (Maturity and life experience is a benefit for all of those things.)
- This is the right time.
- Yes. This is when I am doing it, so it must be the right time.
- I have new opportunities now. Opportunities I didn’t have earlier.
- I have learned and experienced much that I otherwise wouldn’t have, and that is with me in what I am doing now.
- It is too early.
- Well, some things are obviously too early. I am getting there, but some other steps must be in place first. One thing at a time.
- New opportunities will open up for me, and when it does, that is the right time to engage with those. (If I do.)
- It is not too late.