And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.
– Genesis 3:22-24
Adam and Eve ate the apple, gained knowledge of good and evil, and were thrown out of paradise.
For me, an image (a memory, a flashback?) has come up since childhood from before incarnation. It was all love and a deep sense of contentment and home, and it was conveyed to me that it was time for me to incarnate again. I experienced it as being thrown out of paradise.
And, of course, I do it to myself. I believe thoughts, block awareness of love, and this is experienced as being thrown out of paradise.
The story from genesis reflects this quite accurately. There is a thought of good and evil, it’s taken as true, this blocks awareness of love, and I am – in my own experience – thrown out of paradise.
Healing and finding clarity is all about this for me now: Finding those parts of me, those situations, where I threw myself out of paradise, where I blocked my awareness of love. Find love there again, see it’s already love, was already love – feel it, allow it to sink in. And note and inquire into my thoughts at the time, the ones I took as true and which blocked my awareness of love at the time.
What’s the tree of life, which they may discover next? For me, it’s what’s revealed when I see it’s all innocence, when I see and feel all is already love. It’s what time and space (the images of time/space) happens within and as, it’s timeless presence, so – in a sense – it lives forever. It’s forever here. It’s also what the images of me and I happens within and as, so it’s what “I” really am.
– adam and eve, eating apple, knowledge of good and evil, thrown out of paradise
– me, before incarnation, didn’t want to be incarnated, thrown out of paradise
– do it to myself, believe thoughts, block my awareness of love, experienced as thrown out of paradise
– knowledge of good and evil, stories of what’s good and bad + take them as true
– finding those parts of me, the situations, where i threw myself out of paradise, where i blocked my awareness of love
– notice (see, feel, live) love there again, see it’s already love, was already love