Situation: My mother over-praising me when I was a child.
1. I am angry at my mother because she over-praises me.
2. I want my mother to be more clear, grounded, realistic, to give me a realistic image of myself, who I am, and my abilities.
3. My mother shouldn’t praise everything I do, she shouldn’t use praise to show her love, or to get approval from me.
4. I need my mother to love me as I am, and be realistic in her praise.
5. My mother is confused, hurt, misguided, doesn’t realize love is enough, unable to give realistic praise.
6. I don’t ever want to experience my mother over-praising me again.