Here are some notes from following the “trail of crumbs” earlier today. This is based on the very simple process I learned from Barry & Karen:
- Bring attention to the area of the body that seems most contracted and dense.
- Stay with the sensation and the breath. Make the breath more full if needed. The breath will support you in staying with the sensations.
- Notice any images and thoughts, any fears and beliefs, behind the contraction. Write them down, stream of consciousness style, if needed.
- Take these to a simple inquiry. Is it true? Notice what happens when you believe those thoughts. Stay with the fear in the knowing it’s not true.
- Repeat, find the next area of the body that asks for attention.
And the notes:
I need to keep myself small.
I need Barry to keep going.
I’m not as good as others. I am not as good as JG.
Women don’t want me.