You cannot change at all. Why is this good news?
– Byron Katie
I don’t know what she would say about it, but here is what I find:
(a) You cannot change at all.
– What’s here is here.
– The image of a me or I cannot do anything. Something – a choice, action – happens, and a though says the image did it, that’s all.
– In a conventional sense, I cannot do anything unless life supports it and goes in the same direction.
– There are infinite causes to anything. The causes are not limited to what I call “me” or “mine”.
(b) Why is it good news?
– It invites me to find love for what’s here. (Instead of trying to change it.)
– It invites me to examine and question my thoughts about this, and align more with reality.