A few days ago, I had a sense of dread and fear in my belly.
I recognized that feeling from going to elementary school. I sometimes had it walking to school in the mornings.
Back then, I didn’t know what to do about it. Nobody had shown me.
And now, somebody has shown me and I can relate to it more intentionally. I can meet with presence, kindness, allowing, patience. I can give it what it really needs and wants. I can meet it as it wishes to be met. And that makes all the difference.
It’s such a simple shift, and it changes the situation from feeling victimized by that dread to befriending it.
- meet it more intentionally
- had a sense of dread in my stomach
- recognized it from going to elementary school
- then, didn’t know what to do about it
- now, I can relate to it more intentionally