The universe is a friendly place.
That’s something Byron Katie says, and it’s sometimes repeated by her followers.
It can be understood in a few different ways.
Life unfolds as we like it. When life unfolds as our personality and human self (conditioning) likes it, it’s easy to see it as kind and feel that the universe – in this case – was friendly.
Life is challenging. When life is challenging, we can see it as an invitation for clarity, healing, maturing, and awakening. Specifically, we can question our stressful – and unkind – beliefs and find what’s already more true – and kind – to us. We discover that when we go deeper, we find more true and kind stories. Here too, we can see how the universe is friendly even when life goes against our very human preferences.
Anything at all. Independent of what happens, it all happens within and as Spirit. When we see this, we see that the universe is inherently kind no matter what happens. The universe is inherently friendly.
The first opens us up to gratitude in an ordinary way. The second is a path to deeper seeing and deeper healing, maturing, awakening, and embodiment. And the third is revealed to the extent the “veils” have gone, the identifications with and as particular content of experience creating a belief in stressful stories (any story is stressful when believed) and sense of being a separate being.
- a kind universe
- from BK and sometimes repeated by her followers
- can be understood in different ways
- when things unfold as our personality/human self like (easy to see as kind)
- when things unfold in challenging ways bc an invitation for clarity, healing, maturing, awakening etc. (specifically, question our stressful belief and find what’s already more true – and kind – to us, when go deeper, find kind and true stories)
- anything at all – bc all is spirit, all happens within/as Spirit