This is a great overview of The Work. Katie talks about her own story, the ins and outs of the process, how it may look when applied to the main areas of our lives, and with examples of Katie leading people through investigations of our universal stories such as I need more money. Always with an invitation to the listener to find their own answers and get a taste of the process that way.
As of August 2009: See this page for updates.
A few resources I have found helpful…
- Meditation for Dummies by Stephan Bodian. A great introduction, and many good pointers for folks anywhere on the path.
- Wake Up Now by Stephan Bodian
- The End of Your World by Adyashanti. Straight talk on how to live what we are.
- Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life by Byron Katie. Simple and powerful inquiry into our beliefs, helping us find what is more true for us than a belief.
- I Need Your Love – Is It True? by Byron Katie
- Seeing Who You Are: A Modern Guide To Your True Identity by Richard Lang. Headless experiments.
- Big Mind, Big Heart: Finding Your Way by Genpo Roshi. The Big Mind process, self-inquiry cubed.
- Also, any of the books by A. H. Almaas
- (And many books by teachers from any of the great traditions, too many to mention.)