Douglas Harding suggests a beautifully simple way of working with decisions, coming out of noticing headlessness.
[go to articles, then Solving Problems – The Technique of No-Choice]
- Find yourself as headless, as space & awareness.
- Find yourself as the ground for the whole situation – for every aspect of it. Notice that you can explore every aspect of the situation while finding yourself as space & ground, as this neutrality.
- Allow a solution to emerge, to come to you on its own.
- Now again find yourself as the ground for the situation, including the reactions coming up to this solution.
- Allow the solution to find its form in your life.
Byron Katie says that she finds that she doesn’t make decision, but that they make themselves. This process is one way to find our way into that.