Brief work on my grandfather.
- What is your name? Johan.
- What did you enjoy in life? I enjoyed being out in nature. In the woods. In the mountains. Fishing. Hunting. Gathering berries. Working. (I was a forester.) I enjoyed being alone doing all of this, and also doing it with friends now and then. I also enjoyed being with my family, especially when we were out in nature together.
- What was difficult for you? Being with people was sometimes difficult for me, especially in more urban and social situations. I enjoyed doing things with people, more in quiet, but not having to talk all the time. My second wife’s religion was also difficult for me at times. I felt trapped by it.
- What do you know about life? I know how to make things simple. Just doing the next thing in front of me. I know about peace of mind, from being in nature. I know how to take care of a family. I know steadfastness. I know how to support my family and community. I know how to do what needs to be done even if it is not always what I would have chosen.
- What gifts do you have for your grandson? My steadfastness. The simplicity of doing the next thing that comes up to do. The calm center from being in nature.