I find myself in London and in the place my (waking life) partner and cat live. They have both transformed and live on their own. The cat is larger and fully orange, almost like a mythological fox-cat being. My parter has bright orange hair and is younger. My partner is angry at me. She has to do something, and I go for a walk. I realize I forgot to make a note of the address, and get somewhat lost in the streets of London. I receive help from a few men who feel like friends. I remember I have my phone and that my partner’s phone number and address may in the contacts.
This feels like an especially important dream.
Being lost and disoriented has been a theme in my dreams for a while now. It comes from the dark night I have been through and feeling shattered and disoriented as if hit by a bus. Further back, it has its roots in leaving my inner guidance on a major life decision (when I got married the first time). And it may go even further back, to my childhood and not feeling completely grounded in love and acceptance.
I was initially a bit confused about this dream, although found something through active imagination. (A technique from depth psychology where I go back into the visuals of the dream, interact with the different elements, and ask questions and listen for the answers.)
Using active imagination, Merlina (the cat) said she was my inner fire, my animal fire. Similarly, my partner said she was my feminine fire. And London, to me and in this context, represents creative passion and fire.
My fiery part is angry at me for having given up on it. I had a lot of passion and fire in my teens and twenties, and it served me and my life well. Then, when I got married for the first time, and abandoned my inner guidance on major life issues, I gradually started losing contact with that passion and fire. And it’s been difficult to refind and embrace it as fully as I know I can and to the extent that feels right to me.
Now, that I finally have my own house and land and an amazing project (rewilding 14 hectares), I feel I have the stability to refind my passion and fire.
I told my waking-life partner about the dream. And went back into the dream images to ask my partner why she is angry at me. She said it is because I have given up on the fire and abandoned it. I am identified with being lost. That identification keeps me separate from the fire and passion that’s here.
When I then asked my waking-life partner the same question, and she gave the same answer. She said the anger is because I am identified with the dark night and the characteristics of the dark night. (Which includes feeling lost.)
I now also realize that the mythological creature our cat transformed into is a firefox, Kitsune from Japanese mythology.
This theme of refining my connection with my inner fire feels like a major theme in my life, something I continue to explore, and something very much on the horizon.
My recent explorations into AI-imagery is a part of this, as is continuing work on the house and rewilding project. All of this has to do with my inner passion and fire.
And I want to keep exploring my identification with the “lost” identity. What does it tell me? How does it play out in my life? What are the reversals, and the truth in them? How would it be to be free of this particular identification?
- i was in London, somehow found myself there
- Ale and Merlina had transformed into other versions, Merlina larger and all orange, even orange eyes, almost a mythological creature, Ale younger and with orange hair, they lived in London
- She was angry at me
- I left to get some space, but didn’t check to see where I was
- I didn’t know how to find her out what her name was, I thought maybe she had the same name and her phone number was in my phone
- Woke up
- Ale was angry and younger and said she didn’t know if she still wanted to be with me
- Active imagination
- Melina my inner Fire, animal fire
- Ale my inner fiery feminine
- Angry at me, not bc i feel lost, but take on that indentity, find refuge in feeling lost, have given up on the fire
- London – creative fire, people following their passion
- AI art reminds me on this dynamic, that I have given up on the fire, abandoned it
- After waking, Talked w. Ale, she said exactly what she said in the active imagination, I am identified with the dn, characteristics of the dn