It is life 101. (Whatever I write about here.)
Yes and no. I am telling myself that it is, and it sometimes feels that way.
No. That is just a label, partly true and partly not as any label.
- What happens when I believe that thought?
- I put myself down. I tell myself it has no function to write about all these things. Why do it? It is obvious. It is the most basic insights. It can be taken so much further. Explored in so many other, and maybe more interesting, ways.
- I see myself as a monomaniac. As someone obsessively and pitifully writing about the same things, over and over, at the same basic and novice level. I see myself as pitiful.
- I compare it with others, who do things much more interesting, alive, dynamic, sophisticated, insightful, mature, developed. People who are much further along. I am stuck here, rooting around in the same small spot at the beginning of the path, while others move along. I go in circles just beyond the starting line.
- Who would I be without it?
- Doing whatever I am doing, following my impulses, more wholeheartedly. Without second-guessing it. Without stopping myself. The whole process would be much more dynamic, it would feel much more alive, more interesting, more fluid and flowing. It wouldn’t feel stuck. I would appreciate it, as and however it unfolds.
- It is not life 101. Not to everyone. Not even to me, at some point in the past. There was a time when this was not obvious or so familiar to me. Also, even life 101 is worth something. It is the basics.
- It is life 860. It is, from some perspectives, advanced enough. It is a little beyond what most people are concerned about. Maybe just over the horizon of what most people find interesting or explore.
- I am life 101. Well, yes. I am life 101. My life is life 101. It is an ordinary human life. A basic human life, as any other. It is what any human life is, when we take away all the stories.
- I am not life 101. My path and interests are slightly different from that of many others. It is slightly unusual. Somewhat off from the norm.
- I am life 860. That too. There is an immense richness and depth to any life, including this. There is no end to its depth, just by being what it is, however it is.
- My thinking is life 101. My thinking makes all of this appear as life 101 to me. Also, my thinking keeps everything at a very well defined and simple level, which is not true.
- My thinking is not life 101. Again, it is somewhat beyond where most thinking goes, at least in some areas.
- My thinking is life 860. Hm. Maybe sometimes, in some areas. I can at least admit that possibility.
Additional statements: It is life 101, and that is not OK. I move in circles just beyond the starting line. What I do is pitiful.