As of August 2009: See this page for updates.
A few resources I have found helpful…
- Meditation for Dummies by Stephan Bodian. A great introduction, and many good pointers for folks anywhere on the path.
- Wake Up Now by Stephan Bodian
- The End of Your World by Adyashanti. Straight talk on how to live what we are.
- Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life by Byron Katie. Simple and powerful inquiry into our beliefs, helping us find what is more true for us than a belief.
- I Need Your Love – Is It True? by Byron Katie
- Seeing Who You Are: A Modern Guide To Your True Identity by Richard Lang. Headless experiments.
- Big Mind, Big Heart: Finding Your Way by Genpo Roshi. The Big Mind process, self-inquiry cubed.
- Also, any of the books by A. H. Almaas
- (And many books by teachers from any of the great traditions, too many to mention.)
- True Meditation by Adyashanti. Excellent pointers on true meditation, aka shikantaza, allowing experience.
- Spontaneous Awakening by Adyashanti.
- Anything with Adyashanti or Byron Katie
These are all clear, practical, to the point.
As any teachings, they may be interesting or entertaining to read or listen to. And their true value comes when we take them as questions and pointers for own exploration.